Confused To Confidence
You went through Hadoop tutorials on YouTube or even took another Hadoop course but you still feel your understanding of Hadoop didn't get any better. Don't worry. We have many successful students who joined our course with similar feeling but they left the course with confidence.
Non Programming Background - No Problem
We have students from all career paths in the course. Starting from Java programmer to database developer to ETL tester to Data analyst. If you a non programmer, don't worry. We will guide you through the course.
Intriguing teaching style - You will not be bored
We are always appreciated for our teaching style and you can see that in the reviews from our students. We design courses based on 2 simple principles - keep it simple and keep it interesting. We can guarantee that you will not be bored.
You learnt Hadoop. Now what? Getting in to a big data Job is the next step. Throught out the course we cover all the essentials, tips, tricks to crack tough interviews. You will start your job hunt with zero fear.
Real World Problems & Scenarios
Have you taken a course which was just theoretical? We call it - "The Curse Of Theory". Our principle - "Less Theory. More Practical." Practical examples and projects reduces the need for theory and improves the understanding of concept and explores the real world problems and scenarios.
Stress Free Big Data Career
You landed a career in Big Data. With that comes production issues, troubleshooting, optimizations along with all that some stress. That's why we emphasis on troubleshooting, optimizations and teach you shortcuts, tips and tricks. All this to make you "Production Ready".
Practice in our cluster for Free
Practicing Hadoop with a packaged sandbox VM in your Laptop is like learning to play a guitar with out a guitar. To learn Hadoop right, you need access to a multi-node environment. You will get free access to our multi node cluster along with this course.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Don't like the course for any reason. No Worries. Let us know with in 30 days and we will do a 100% refund. No questions asked.
Excellent & Caring Support
Our students satisfaction is of utmost importance and every thing else is secondary. We are here for you, every step of the way and you can count on us.
15 HOURS OF VIDEO CONTENT
75 STEP BY STEP LESSONS
30 DAY MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
REVIEWS FROM SOMEONE LIKE YOU
1Is this course right for me?
Are you planning to get in to the field of Hadoop as a developer? You want to learn concepts, tips & tricks that would help you survive as a Hadoop Developer in real production environments ? If you answered yes, then this is the perfect course for you.
2I am not a programmer, will I be able to follow the course?
We have several students in the course who are not programmers. We have students from all backgrounds - database developers, DBAs, business analysts, QA / test engineers etc. and have successfully started their career in Hadoop. There are several tools in the Hadoop ecosystem that does not require a programming background. For eg. tools like Pig, Hive, Sqoop, Flume etc. does not require an ounce of programming experience.
3What skills do I need to start with the course?
Basic Linux knowledge. Simple commands to change directories, open/close files etc. Basic SQL knowledge. Simple selects, inserts & simple join statements Java knowledge is not mandatory but basic Java skills won't hurt to follow MapReduce programs in Java
4Does this course cover Hadoop Administration concepts?
No. This course is designed for students who want to be Hadoop Developer. But, don't worry. We have a course specific to Hadoop Administrators. Click here to check out the Hadoop Administrator In Real World course.
5I am looking to learn a specific tool. How do I know whether that tool is covered?
We have the detailed up-to-date curriculum explaining every topic that is covered in the course. Please check the curriculum below to find out whether the tool you are looking for is in the curriculum.
6I am still not sure whether this course is good for me..
No worries. We totally understand. Let's us know your expectations here and we will give our HONEST opinion whether this course will be a good fit for you on not.
Chapter 1: Thank You and Let's Get Started
- Lesson 1 Course Structure | 11:03
- Lesson 2 Tools & Setup | 09:09
- Lesson 3 Tools & Setup (Linux) | 07:42
Chapter 2: Introduction To Big Data
- Lesson 4 What is Big Data? | 17:47
- Lesson 5 Understanding Big Data Problem | 14:24
- Lesson 6 History of Hadoop | 03:46
Chapter 3: HDFS
- Lesson 7 HDFS - Why Another Filesystem? | 13:20
- Lesson 8 Blocks | 07:50
- Lesson 9 Working With HDFS | 16:09
- Lesson 10 HDFS - Read & Write | 09:31
- Lesson 11 HDFS - Read & Write (Program) | 08:38
- Quiz 2 Test your understanding of HDFS | 5 questions
- Lesson 12 HDFS Assignment | Article
Chapter 4: MapReduce
- Lesson 13 Introduction to MapReduce | 08:51
- Lesson 14 Dissecting MapReduce Components | 18:03
- Lesson 15 Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 1) | 12:00
- Lesson 16 Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 2) | 16:09
- Lesson 17 Combiner | 06:20
- Lesson 18 Counters | 06:43
- Lesson 19 Facebook - Mutual Friends | 17:38
- Lesson 20 New York Times - Time Machine | 15:43
- Quiz 3 Test your understanding of MapReduce | 12 questions
- Lesson 21 MapReduce Assignment | Article
Chapter 5: Apache Pig
- Lesson 22 Introduction to Apache Pig | 12:52
- Lesson 23 Loading & Projecting Datasets | 13:41
- Lesson 24 Solving a Problem | 13:32
- Lesson 25 Complex Types | 21:12
- Lesson 26 Pig Latin - Joins | 19:53
- Lesson 27 Million Song Dataset (Part 1) | 10:29
- Lesson 28 Million Song Dataset (Part 2) | 15:01
- Lesson 29 Page Ranking (Part 1) | 08:11
- Lesson 30 Page Ranking (Part 2) | 19:26
- Lesson 31 Page Ranking (Part 3) | 12:17
- Quiz 4 Test your understanding of Apache Pig | 13 questions
- Lesson 32 Apache Pig Assignment | Article
Chapter 6: Apache Hive
- Lesson 33 Introduction to Apache Hive | 09:58
- Lesson 34 Dissect a Hive Table | 10:14
- Lesson 35 Loading Hive Tables | 11:17
- Lesson 36 Simple Selects | 06:07
- Lesson 37 Managed Table vs. External Table | 06:20
- Lesson 38 Order By vs. Sort By vs. Cluster By | 09:44
- Lesson 39 Partitions | 19:31
- Lesson 40 Buckets | 07:27
- Lesson 41 Hive QL - Joins | 09:21
- Lesson 42 Twitter (Part 1) | 09:33
- Lesson 43 Twitter (Part 2) | 08:43
- Quiz 5 Test your understanding of Apache Hive | 18 questions
- Lesson 44 Apache Hive Assignment | Article
Chapter 7: Architechture
- Lesson 45 HDFS Architechture | 12:46
- Lesson 46 Secondary Namenode | 11:24
- Lesson 47 Highly Available Hadoop | 08:48
- Lesson 48 MRv1 Architechture | 10:49
- Lesson 49 YARN | 11:22
- Quiz 6 Test your understanding of Hadoop Architechture | 10 questions
Chapter 8: Cluster Setup
- Lesson 50 Vendors & Hosting | 06:35
- Lesson 51 Cluster Setup (Part 1) | 23:43
- Lesson 52 Cluster Setup (Part 2) | 25:35
- Lesson 53 Cluster Setup (Part 3) | 18:01
- Lesson 54 Amazon EMR | 15:46
- Quiz 7 Test your understanding of Cluster Setup | 7 questions
Chapter 9: Hadoop Administrator In Real World (Preview)
- Lesson 55 Cloudera Manager - Introduction | 13:08
- Lesson 56 Cloudera Manager - Installation | 24:07
Chapter 10: File Formats
- Lesson 57 Compression | 14:55
- Lesson 58 Sequence File | 18:32
- Lesson 59 AVRO | 19:08
- Lesson 60 File Formats - Pig | 18:08
- Lesson 61 File Formats - Hive | 11:03
- Quiz 8 Test your understanding of File Formats | 10 questions
Chapter 11: Troubleshooting and Optimizations
- Lesson 62 Exploring Logs | 08:49
- Lesson 63 MRUnit | 09:31
- Lesson 64 MapReduce Tuning | 12:39
- Lesson 65 Pig Join Optimizations (Part 1) | 17:17
- Lesson 66 Pig Join Optimizations (Part 2) | 13:56
- Lesson 67 Hive Join Optimizations | 19:36
- Quiz 9 Test your understanding of Troubleshooting & Optimizations | 15 questions
Chapter 12: Apache Sqoop
- Lesson 68 Sqoop Imports | 13:59
- Lesson 69 Sqoop - File Formats | 09:01
- Lesson 70 Jobs & Incremental Imports | 15:33
- Lesson 71 Hive - Exports | 07:30
Chapter 13: Apache Flume
- Lesson 72 Introduction to Flume | 14:03
- Lesson 73 Replication | 07:19
- Lesson 74 Consolidation & Mutliplexing | 16:23
- Lesson 75 Streaming Twitter with Flume | 08:09
Chapter 14: Bonus
- Lesson 76 Preparing For Hadoop Interviews | 19:15