Manage Hadoop with confidence
Hadoop environments are distributed systems and you could potentially have hundreds or even thousands of nodes working together. We will teach you all the skills necessary to manage clusters irrespective of the size with confidence. We guarantee, a 1000 node cluster will not scare you
Administer Hadoop Stress Free
Hadoop clusters can be chaotic at times and in many companies Hadoop is at the center of everything so when a Hadoop environment goes down, who do you think gets the first call?, it is the administrators. So things could get pretty stressful very quickly. This course is designed with production challenges in mind to enable you administer a cluster stress free.
CCAH Certification Ready
Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) certainly puts you on the spotlight and it gives you instant credibility. In this course we have covered all the needed topics to help you clear the CCAH exam
Day to Day Essentials
We cover all the admin essentials in the course from getting to know your cluster, starting, stopping services, adding & removing nodes to and from the cluster, protecting and recovering from data losses, control disk usage and assign quotas to control the storage efficiently etc.
Beyond starting and stopping services
We don't teach you just install, start and stop services like other courses. We teach you the critical functionalities like installing and configuring Kerberos for authentication, High Availability, Schedulers like Fair, Capacity for resource management just to highlight a few. Bottom line we have not missed a topic which is critical.
Plan cluster like a PRO
We have a dedicated chapter on cluster planning. You will be able to estimate the storage needs, computational needs, number of nodes in the cluster, picking the right configuration for individual nodes, design a good network topology, choosing between storage intensive nodes and compute intensive nodes etc. Simply put, you will plan a cluster like a PRO.
Learn what is under the hood
Hadoop administrators are paid top dollars to handle chaos when things are broken. When you know how things work under the hood, that is the configuration details behind the tools and it's functionalities you will be in a better positions to fix issues efficiently. We show you how to install and configure services manually so you understand the details behind the scenes.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Don't like the course for any reason. No Worries. Let us know with in 30 days and we will do a 100% refund. No questions asked.
Excellent & Caring Support
Our students satisfaction is of utmost importance and every thing else is secondary. We are here for you, every step of the way and you can count on us.
REVIEWS FROM SOMEONE LIKE YOU
1Is this course right for me?
Our goal with this course is to help students administer and manage Hadoop production cluster with confidence and stress free. We hope that is exactly what an aspiring Hadoop administrator would want. If you agree, then this is the perfect course for you and it will delivery what you are hoping to get.
2I am not a programmer, will I be able to follow the course?
Don't worry you are not the only one asking this question. The short answer is yes. Actually we go so many questions on this topic so we decided to make a video. Check it out here -
3What skills do I need to start with the course?
Basic Linux knowledge. Simple commands to change directories, open/close files etc. Keep in mind you can learn to work with Linux as you go. You don't need to know any Hadoop basics as we will cover all of them in the course.
4Does this course cover Hadoop Developer concepts?
Even though this course talks about all the essential concepts like HDFS, YARN etc. it is not a developer course. We have separate developer course and you can check out the course here - http://hadoopinrealworld.com/developer/
5I am looking to learn a specific concept. How do I know whether that tool is covered?
We have the detailed up-to-date curriculum explaining every topic that is covered in the course. Please check the curriculum below to find out whether the tool you are looking for is in the curriculum.
6I am still not sure whether this course is good for me..
No worries. We totally understand. Let's us know your expectations here and we will give our HONEST opinion whether this course will be a good fit for you on not.
Chapter 1: Thank You and Let's Get Started
- Course Structure | 09:56
- Tools & Setup | 06:24
- Tools & Setup (Linux) | 05:21
Chapter 2: Introduction To Big Data
- What is Big Data? | 17:47
- Understanding Big Data Problem | 14:24
- History of Hadoop | 03:46
- Quiz 1 Test your understanding of Big Data
Chapter 3: HDFS
- HDFS - Why Another Filesystem? | 13:20
- Blocks | 07:50
- Working With HDFS | 16:09
- HDFS - Read & Write | 09:23
- Quiz 2 Test your understanding of HDFS
- HDFS Assignment | Article
Chapter 4: MapReduce
- Introduction to MapReduce | 08:51
- Dissecting MapReduce Components | 18:03
- Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 1) | 12:00
- Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 2) | 16:06
- Quiz 3 Test your understanding of MapReduce
Chapter 5: Architechture
- HDFS Architechture | 12:46
- Secondary Namenode | 11:24
- Highly Available Hadoop | 08:48
- MRv1 Architechture | 10:40
- YARN | 11:22
- Quiz 4 Test your understanding of Hadoop Architechture
Chapter 6: Cluster Planning
- Hadoop Versions | 11:21
- Software Requirements | 06:46
- Hardware Requirements | 15:48
- Cluster Sizing | 06:48
- JBOD vs. RAID | 17:07
- Network Topology | 16:00
- Kernel Level Tuning | 11:35
- Quiz 5 Test your understanding of Cluster Planning
Chapter 7: Cluster Setup
- Vendors & Hosting | 06:36
- Virtual Image Setup (Part-1) | 08:53
- Virtual Image Setup (Part-2) | 25:42
- Cluster Setup (Part 1) | 23:43
- Cluster Setup (Part 2) | 25:35
- Cluster Setup (Part 3) | 18:01
- Amazon EMR | 15:46
- Quiz 6 Test your understanding of Cluster Setup
Chapter 8: Day to Day Essentials
- Getting To Know Your Cluster | 11:49
- Disk Usage | 08:45
- Quotas| 10:29
- Recovering from Accidental Data Loss | 11:35
- Stop Start Restart | 15:35
- Adding and Removing Nodes | 16:30
- Network Topology| 09:42
- Quiz 7 Test your understanding of Day to Day Essentials
Chapter 9: Troubleshooting
- Exploring Logs | 10:18
- Namenode Stuck In Safe Mode | 15:23
- Namenode - Failure and Recovery | 14:13
- Memory Issues | 16:03
Chapter 10: Kerberos Authentication
- Introduction To Kerberos Authentication | 08;19
- Installing & Configuring Kerberos | 20:16
- Create Needed Principals & Keytabs For Kerberos Authentication | 14:50
- Configure & Enable Kerberos Authentication in Hadoop | 19:54
- Quiz 8 Test your understanding of Kerberos Authentication
Chapter 11: High Availability
- Introduction To High Availability & Installation | 08:53
- Configuring High Availability with Quorum Journal Manager | 10:13
- Convert Cluster to High Available Cluster & Verification | 15:15
- Quiz 9 Test your understanding of High Availability
Chapter 12: Resource Management
- FIFO Scheduler | 14:19
- Introduction To Capacity Scheduler | 10:23
- Configuring & Experiments with Capacity Scheduler | 09:30
- Introduction To Fair Scheduler | 12:50
- Granular Resource Management with Fair Scheduler | 11:25
- Lesson 55 Dominant Resource Fairness & Protecting Queues in Fair Scheduler | 15:10
- Quiz 10 Test your understanding of Resource Management
Chapter 13: Cloudera Manager
- Introduction To Cloudera Manager | 13:09
- Installing Cloudera Manager | 24:07
- Working with Cloudera Manager | 16:23
- Monitoring with Cloudera Manager | 21:04
- Troubleshooting with Cloudera Manager | 10:13
- Quiz 11 Test your understanding of Cloudera Manager
Chapter 14: Apache Ambari
- Cluster Installation with Apache Ambari | 23:35
- Apache Ambari Walk through | 11:10
- Resource Manager High Availability with Apache Ambari | 16:53
- Cluster Upgrade with Apache Ambari | 17:48
Chapter 15: Tools In Hadoop Ecosystem
- Introduction To Apache Pig | 11:16
- Installing Apache Pig | 05:47
- Introduction To Apache Hive | 09:17
- Dissect a Hive Table | 10:13
- Installing Apache Hive | 21:55
- Introduction To Apache Sqoop | 13:50
- Installing Apache Sqoop | 05:57
- Introduction To Apache Flume | 13:52
- Installing Apache Flume | 03:27
- Quiz 12 Test your understanding of Tools In Hadoop Ecosystem
Chapter 16: Puppet
- Puppet - The Why & The What | 12:41
- Puppet Installation | 9:43
- Puppet Concepts with Tomcat Installation | 24:12
- Installing Hadoop with Puppet | 27:33