Manage Hadoop with confidence
Hadoop environments are distributed systems and you could potentially have hundreds or even thousands of nodes working together. We will teach you all the skills necessary to manage clusters irrespective of the size with confidence. We guarantee, a 1000 node cluster will not scare you
Administer Hadoop Stress Free
Hadoop clusters can be chaotic at times and in many companies Hadoop is at the center of everything so when a Hadoop environment goes down, who do you think gets the first call?, it is the administrators. So things could get pretty stressful very quickly. This course is designed with production challenges in mind to enable you administer a cluster stress free.
CCAH Certification Ready
Cloudera Certified Administrator for Apache Hadoop (CCAH) certainly puts you on the spotlight and it gives you instant credibility. In this course we have covered all the needed topics to help you clear the CCAH exam
Day to Day Essentials
We cover all the admin essentials in the course from getting to know your cluster, starting, stopping services, adding & removing nodes to and from the cluster, protecting and recovering from data losses, control disk usage and assign quotas to control the storage efficiently etc.
Beyond starting and stopping services
We don't teach you just install, start and stop services like other courses. We teach you the critical functionalities like installing and configuring Kerberos for authentication, High Availability, Schedulers like Fair, Capacity for resource management just to highlight a few. Bottom line we have not missed a topic which is critical.
Plan cluster like a PRO
We have a dedicated chapter on cluster planning. You will be able to estimate the storage needs, computational needs, number of nodes in the cluster, picking the right configuration for individual nodes, design a good network topology, choosing between storage intensive nodes and compute intensive nodes etc. Simply put, you will plan a cluster like a PRO.
Learn what is under the hood
Hadoop administrators are paid top dollars to handle chaos when things are broken. When you know how things work under the hood, that is the configuration details behind the tools and it's functionalities you will be in a better positions to fix issues efficiently. We show you how to install and configure services manually so you understand the details behind the scenes.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee
Don't like the course for any reason. No Worries. Let us know with in 30 days and we will do a 100% refund. No questions asked.
Excellent & Caring Support
Our students satisfaction is of utmost importance and every thing else is secondary. We are here for you, every step of the way and you can count on us.
REVIEWS FROM SOMEONE LIKE YOU
1Is this course right for me?
Our goal with this course is to help students administer and manage Hadoop production cluster with confidence and stress free. We hope that is exactly what an aspiring Hadoop administrator would want. If you agree, then this is the perfect course for you and it will delivery what you are hoping to get.
2I am not a programmer, will I be able to follow the course?
Don't worry you are not the only one asking this question. The short answer is yes. Actually we go so many questions on this topic so we decided to make a video. Check it out here -
3What skills do I need to start with the course?
Basic Linux knowledge. Simple commands to change directories, open/close files etc. Keep in mind you can learn to work with Linux as you go. You don't need to know any Hadoop basics as we will cover all of them in the course.
4Does this course cover Hadoop Developer concepts?
Even though this course talks about all the essential concepts like HDFS, YARN etc. it is not a developer course. We have separate developer course and you can check out the course here - http://hadoopinrealworld.com/developer/
5I am looking to learn a specific concept. How do I know whether that tool is covered?
We have the detailed up-to-date curriculum explaining every topic that is covered in the course. Please check the curriculum below to find out whether the tool you are looking for is in the curriculum.
6I am still not sure whether this course is good for me..
No worries. We totally understand. Let's us know your expectations here and we will give our HONEST opinion whether this course will be a good fit for you on not.
Chapter 1: Thank You and Let's Get Started
- Lesson 1 Course Structure | 09:56
- Lesson 2 Tools & Setup | 06:24
- Lesson 3 Tools & Setup (Linux) | 05:21
Chapter 2: Introduction To Big Data
- Lesson 4 What is Big Data? | 17:47
- Lesson 5 Understanding Big Data Problem | 14:24
- Lesson 6 History of Hadoop | 03:46
- Quiz 1 Test your understanding of Big Data
Chapter 3: HDFS
- Lesson 7 HDFS - Why Another Filesystem? | 13:20
- Lesson 8 Blocks | 07:50
- Lesson 9 Working With HDFS | 16:09
- Lesson 10 HDFS - Read & Write | 09:23
- Quiz 2 Test your understanding of HDFS
- Lesson 12 HDFS Assignment | Article
Chapter 4: MapReduce
- Lesson 13 Introduction to MapReduce | 08:51
- Lesson 14 Dissecting MapReduce Components | 18:03
- Lesson 15 Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 1) | 12:00
- Lesson 16 Dissecting MapReduce Program (Part 2) | 16:06
- Quiz 3 Test your understanding of MapReduce
Chapter 5: Architechture
- Lesson 17 HDFS Architechture | 12:46
- Lesson 18 Secondary Namenode | 11:24
- Lesson 19 Highly Available Hadoop | 08:48
- Lesson 20 MRv1 Architechture | 10:40
- Lesson 21 YARN | 11:22
- Quiz 4 Test your understanding of Hadoop Architechture
Chapter 6: Cluster Planning
- Lesson 22 Hadoop Versions | 11:21
- Lesson 23 Software Requirements | 06:46
- Lesson 24 Hardware Requirements | 15:48
- Lesson 25 Cluster Sizing | 06:48
- Lesson 26 JBOD vs. RAID | 17:07
- Lesson 27 Network Topology | 16:00
- Lesson 28 Kernel Level Tuning | 11:35
- Quiz 5 Test your understanding of Cluster Planning
Chapter 7: Cluster Setup
- Lesson 29 Vendors & Hosting | 06:36
- Lesson 30 Virtual Image Setup (Part-1) | 08:53
- Lesson 31 Virtual Image Setup (Part-2) | 25:42
- Lesson 32 Cluster Setup (Part 1) | 23:43
- Lesson 33 Cluster Setup (Part 2) | 25:35
- Lesson 34 Cluster Setup (Part 3) | 18:01
- Lesson 35 Amazon EMR | 15:46
- Quiz 6 Test your understanding of Cluster Setup
Chapter 8: Day to Day Essentials
- Lesson 36 Getting To Know Your Cluster | 11:49
- Lesson 37 Disk Usage | 08:45
- Lesson 38 Quotas| 10:29
- Lesson 39 Recovering from Accidental Data Loss | 11:35
- Lesson 40 Stop Start Restart | 15:35
- Lesson 41 Adding and Removing Nodes | 16:30
- Lesson 42 Network Topology| 09:42
- Quiz 7 Test your understanding of Day to Day Essentials
Chapter 9: Kerberos Authentication
- Lesson 43 Introduction To Kerberos Authentication | 08;19
- Lesson 44 Installing & Configuring Kerberos | 20:16
- Lesson 45 Create Needed Principals & Keytabs For Kerberos Authentication | 14:50
- Lesson 46 Configure & Enable Kerberos Authentication in Hadoop | 19:54
- Quiz 8 Test your understanding of Kerberos Authentication
Chapter 10: High Availability
- Lesson 47 Introduction To High Availability & Installation | 08:53
- Lesson 48 Configuring High Availability with Quorum Journal Manager | 10:13
- Lesson 49 Convert Cluster to High Available Cluster & Verification | 15:15
- Quiz 9 Test your understanding of High Availability
Chapter 11: Resource Management
- Lesson 50 FIFO Scheduler | 14:19
- Lesson 51 Introduction To Capacity Scheduler | 10:23
- Lesson 52 Configuring & Experiments with Capacity Scheduler | 09:30
- Lesson 53 Introduction To Fair Scheduler | 12:50
- Lesson 54 Granular Resource Management with Fair Scheduler | 11:25
- Lesson 55 Dominant Resource Fairness & Protecting Queues in Fair Scheduler | 15:10
- Quiz 10 Test your understanding of Resource Management
Chapter 12: Cloudera Manager
- Lesson 56 Introduction To Cloudera Manager | 13:09
- Lesson 57 Installing Cloudera Manager | 24:07
- Lesson 58 Working with Cloudera Manager | 16:23
- Lesson 59 Monitoring with Cloudera Manager | 21:04
- Lesson 60 Troubleshooting with Cloudera Manager | 10:13
- Quiz 11 Test your understanding of Cloudera Manager
Chapter 13: Apache Ambari
- Lesson 61 Cluster Installation with Apache Ambari | 23:35
- Lesson 62 Apache Ambari Walk through | 11:10
- Lesson 63 Resource Manager High Availability with Apache Ambari | 16:53
- Lesson 64 Cluster Upgrade with Apache Ambari | 17:48
Chapter 14: Tools In Hadoop Ecosystem
- Lesson 65 Introduction To Apache Pig | 11:16
- Lesson 66 Installing Apache Pig | 05:47
- Lesson 67 Introduction To Apache Hive | 09:17
- Lesson 68 Dissect a Hive Table | 10:13
- Lesson 69 Installing Apache Hive | 21:55
- Lesson 70 Introduction To Apache Sqoop | 13:50
- Lesson 71 Installing Apache Sqoop | 05:57
- Lesson 72 Introduction To Apache Flume | 13:52
- Lesson 73 Installing Apache Flume | 03:27
- Quiz 12 Test your understanding of Tools In Hadoop Ecosystem